My Family

My Family
What if you woke up tomorrow with only those you thankded God for tonight. Thank you God form my amazing family.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Different Perspectives: Funny, I heard a comment yesterday about being more productive and spending ones time more wisely, and it got me thinking about Gods plan for our daily life. Also, about the differences men and women have on the way they view a "successful" day. Sometimes, and I do mean just sometimes a successful day to me is one where I rejuvenate my soul by doing absolutely nothing productive. Sometimes I feel that with two active kids, a husband with a stressful job, two dogs, and a full time job as household CEO, I need some days where I only do things for ME. I'm not sure most men feel the same way. For instance I could never see my dad taking a "me" day, sure he hops on his tractor or works in his shop and refills his spirit but if the end result was not an accomplishment he would have considered it a waste of a day. My husband is very similar in his rationalization of productive-me days. If he ever just hangs out on the couch with accomplishing nothing he is in a terrible mood. He is always saying that there is so much that needs to be done, and yes I agree, but I have also come to the realization that there will ALWAYS be so much to do around our house as long as we are homeowners, and in all reality unless it is causing great risk to my family's life it will still be there tomorrow. I understand that things have got to get done and I am definitely not implying that we throw all responsibility out the window, but maybe just slow down a bit and enjoy the fact that your child will only be 12 once and we will NEVER get a do over. Sometimes I need an hour to myself so that I can give my kids and husband my best. Today as I am reading in my bible I am reminded that Jesus himself was not "on" twenty-four hours a day, he also used alone time to recharge and pray. Using this down time to rest and renew in God means we are trusting God to help us in our accomplishments. "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment