My Family

My Family
What if you woke up tomorrow with only those you thankded God for tonight. Thank you God form my amazing family.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A week of a lot of ahmmmms

Wow it has been a week since I have had a chance to catch up here.  Last weekend we took off with camper in tow to Hiawassee and camped with my family.  We had a great time and of course without fail we had camper issues... the furnace decided to not work.  Luckily we had a portable heater that kept us all nice and toasty. 
Since returning home I feel like this has been a non stop week.  I don't even remember Monday, haha.  I probably washed clothes all day.  Tuesday, Abigail decided she wanted to be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz for halloween, and of course I had to drive all over the world looking for a costume... no luck.  Tanner had his football banquet that night and finally we landed at home about 8:45, whew.  I met a friend for breakfast Wednesday morning and guess what she knew someone with a Dorothy costume.  Yayyy.  Mission accomplished.  We had trunk or treat Wednesday night at our church ( I may get kicked out for my car decor... but it was fun).  (see picture)


Today I came across a great tip that I can't wait to try.  I am going to start tomorrow and will have it completed before Christmas.  I may even double up on one or two days since they are pretty simple.  I do have a head start because I cleaned out DH's closet Monday (oh that's what I did).  Note to self:  never do this again because all he has done is fussed that I removed items that he thinks he should keep. 



Yummy sounding recipe that I found today,  Can't wait to get my new oven to try it out. (found these on 3B's - Baseball, Baking and Books blog

Cookies & Cream Brownies
*One batch brownies with chopped up Oreos added.
*Cookies & Cream Frosting, doubled :)
2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp. heavy cream, plus a little extra
approx. 8 oreos, crushed well
Combine all frosting ingredients except the oreos and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. You may need to add a bit more heavy cream to get a spreadable consistency. Mix in crushed oreos (more or less). Spread frosting evenly over cooled brownies.

You can fancy these up by topping each bar with an oreo cookie half like I did or you can top the whole thing with ganache thus smothering the “cream” between two layers of chocolate. 
 Pictures of Abi as Dorothy coming soon.  


See you hopefully sooner than later.  

:-)) Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment